Getting more views on the Highlights of your Instagram Stories content becomes much easier with great covers that have the perfect design. Instagram Stories Highlights covers also help you to keep your profile brand-relevant and aesthetically sharp. So, if you wish to create those perfect Instagram Stories Highlights covers, but are unaware of how to go about things, this blog will provide all the answers.
How to create a good Instagram Stories Highlights cover?
You can find Instagram Stories Highlights just below your Instagram bio. They give a polished look for your Instagram Highlights and draw attention to your best Instagram Story content. What this indicates is that the covers that you choose portray the first impression of your brand. And we’ve all heard about that old saying - The first impression is the last impression!
Here are some great design tips to create some amazing Instagram Stories Highlights covers:
1. Raise the bar of your brand aesthetic
Your Highlights look more professional and smart after you incorporate the strengths of your brand into your covers. Give some serious thought as to how you can incorporate things like your fonts, brand colours, and design essentials. Elevate your brand aesthetic on Instagram to stand out from the crowd.
2. Make the Highlights covers descriptive
Apart from a visually-pleasing aesthetic, the content on your Highlights covers is also important. So make your highlight covers descriptive. Remember that the objective of a good Instagram Stories Highlight cover is to make things absolutely simple for the audience to understand what they are about to view on your main content. The moment your cover is descriptive, it will only be more appealing to your audience and generate more views for your overall content.
3. Make them cohesive
Keep your covers cohesive as a series of visually jarring covers will result in a fall in aesthetics and make your brand look less professional on Instagram. Ensure that all the highlight covers use an icon. Also, keep in mind if your cover works in a certain order that when you add a new Instagram Story to a Highlight that already exists that will change the order of your Instagram Stories Highlights and bring it to the front of the queue. Try to design a new cover before you create a new Instagram Stories Highlight, to keep your branding relevant always.
After you have successfully created your Instagram Stories Highlights covers, how do you put them to good use? Here are a few options that would help the cause.
- Add a cover to a new Highlight
To create a new highlight for an Instagram Story, you can choose an image from your camera roll, and upload it to your new cover designs. Tap “Edit Cover” and then tap on the photo icon to upload a design that you have created earlier. You can make the icons larger or smaller by pinching and dragging your cover. Now you can add a new title to your Instagram Stories Highlight by clicking in the name field.
- Add a cover to an existing Highlight
To update the cover photo of an existing Instagram Story Highlight, tap the ellipsis button in the bottom-right corner of the screen, select “Edit Highlight,” “Edit Cover,” and simply click on the photo icon to upload a design created by you earlier.
Creating Instagram Stories Highlights covers is a fast and simple way to smarten up your Instagram profile and highlight your amazing stories! So, it is natural that you should invest in both time and effort to create quality highlights covers that can lead you to the fulfilment of your goals like brand awareness, audience engagement, attracting new followers, and increasing follower count. More importantly, it elevates your Instagram profile in the most sublime manner to display your most valuable Instagram Stories content to new visitors.
- What are Instagram highlight covers?
Instagram Highlight covers are the cover images that give your profile visitors a sneak peek into what they will find in each Highlight of yours. It's the image you see within the Instagram Highlight bubble before you click in.
- Why can't I change my Instagram highlight cover?
If your Instagram Story Highlight Covers are not working, here are a few ways to fix the problem:
- Quit the Instagram app, and reopen it.
- Log out of the Instagram app, and log back in.
- Turn off your phone, and turn it back on.
- Delete the Instagram app, and re-download it.
- How do you make a highlight cover on Instagram without adding to story?
- Hold your finger pressed on a Highlight.
- Select “Edit Highlight”
- Select “Edit cover”
- Press on the “image” icon at the beginning of the list.
- Choose a cover from your camera roll. You are done!
- How do you apply a highlight cover?
- Tap on the Highlight cover that you wish to change.
- Tap More in the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Tap Edit Highlight, and then Edit Cover.
- Scroll through the photos in your Highlight and choose the photo you want to use as a cover.
- Tap Done.
- Can you rearrange highlights on Instagram?
Unfortunately, there's no direct feature within Instagram to rearrange your Instagram Highlights. But the good news is that there is a hack to do the same! The Highlight that will move to the beginning of your list is the last edited one.
- How do you save highlight cover on Instagram?
- Download Instagram Highlights Using Stories Archive
- Open Instagram and open a profile.
- The Archive library will pop open.
- Click the story you wish to save and tap the three dots in the bottom left corner.
- Then click on 'Save photo/video' to download it on your phone instantly.