“Everyone who’s on Instagram has that friend who is just really popular and is racking up ‘likes’ and comments and has great content,”
- New York Times
Keen to become an influencer with a community of active followers and lucrative brand partnerships? Well, convert your passion into reality and become a nano-influencer on your social media journey. Learn how to get 1000 engaged followers in just 30 days.
What is a nano-influencer?
A nano-influencer is an Instagram influencer who has 1,000 to 10,000 followers. A nano-influencer’s audience is small, niche, and has high engagement rates. Nano-influencers have the smallest following among all influencers but they have tiers according to the number of followers they have.
Why do brands like to work with nano-influencers?
- Nano-influencers are genuine people who do not depend on influencer marketing to be their main source of income. This makes them easily approachable
- Nano-influencers have a smaller following and this first-hand relationship between influencers and followers leads to a high rate of engagement and better word-of-mouth effect, which is precisely what brands are looking for
- Nano-influencers are less expensive than professional influencers and have more ROI (Return on Investment) for brands
- They are easier to work with as compared to the celebrity influencers who have their own set of terms and tantrums. They also have easier access
To become a nano-influencer, you have to develop a complete understanding of your area of specialisation. If you are already armed with passion, it certainly helps the cause. If you have to tell people more about organic and herbal products that you are selling, for example, you need to know everything about it first.
Learn how keywords and hashtags are useful for brand engagement and how to use them.
Initially, study Instagram extensively to see which hashtags have the highest engagement. Then, create an iOS keyboard shortcut to add the hashtags to all your posts with text replacement. Also, add custom hashtags whenever applicable according to the content relevance and the particular theme of each day to enhance engagement. Use hashtags not only to mention brands but also to tag them in the photos that you post. This makes your followers purchase a product easily.
How to reach the maximum audience?
Check out your audience insights to discover when they are most active. If they are active most from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m., post with periodical regularity at 5 p.m. so that maximum followers have instant access to your post in their feed.
Keep your follower ratio in mind when you are getting started. It is advisable to keep it just below your follower count so it does not look like spam. You can use a tracking app to see when someone unfollows you. This will help remove the extra following from your account. Also, follow people with similar interests as they will be most likely to engage. Remember, high engagement matters more than a high following.
Connect with your audience
Try and keep your audience engaged by posting regularly. Sometimes you must engage in a giveaway, either yourself or by partnering with a brand to drive engagement and traffic. Build a good connect with your audience as that is very important.
A personal equation always helps and you could share tidbits of your life like weekend plans and workout routines with your audience. Respond to all their queries and chat regularly with your prominent followers. Also, try and be honest about the products that you are endorsing. It’s important to be true to your followers after all.
- What are the key strategies in influencer marketing?
Here are the key influencer marketing strategies used by the experts.
- Spot the influencers you want to work with.
- Focus on the right platform.
- Consider the size of your brand.
- Work with micro-influencers.
- Look to convert loyal customers into brand ambassadors.
- Let influencers have creative control.
2. Are nano-influencers effective?
A nano-influencer makes your brand credible and authentic to prospective consumers. With their help, you reach the right target audiences in their loyal followers. Thanks to their small following, engagement rates are higher.
3. How many followers do you need to be a nano-influencer?
Nano influencers normally have fewer than 10,000 followers on Instagram. Many have converted their social-media hobbies into part-time jobs.
4. How do nano-influencers make money?
- Find your niche
- Learn the art of storytelling
- Post in a consistent way
- Post high-quality images
- Know the FTC guidelines
- Tag brands in your posts
- Pitch brands
- Start small but dream big
5. How much do nano-influencers make?
According to a 2019 study, nano-influencers can make an average of $100 per post, $114 per video post and $43 for an Instagram Story.