In case you missed it, Karan Johar blessed us with the season premiere of Koffee with Karan yesterday. The show’s 7th season – which will come to us weekly on Disney+ Hotstar – kicked off with none other than Alia Bhatt and Ranveer Singh, and the episode did not disappoint.
But all the games, hampers, and gossip aside, what stole our hearts was the wholesome friendship between Bhatt and Singh. The two actors revealed that they have a special bond (lovingly calling each other sakhi), giving all of us major #BFFgoals.
In an industry that is so competitive, seeing two of the finest actors in the country on such good terms is heartening.
But more importantly, watching a successful male actor cheer for, support, and celebrate a female actor, who has had an incredible year both professionally and personally, is what we’d all love to see more of.
Here are 10 moments in Koffee with Karan season 7 that prove why Ranveer Singh would make the ideal work BFF:
- First off, because of how intently he listened to Alia throughout the episode.
And here, we can't get past our colleagues mansplaining and manterrupting us.
2. When he had the perfect reaction to the news of Alia’s engagement.
Because work BFFs can celebrate your professional and personal achievements.
3. When he had no qualms about getting in touch with his feminine side.
We love a man who can channel his inner girl bestie.
4. When he not only mentored Alia, but also came to set to support her for a challenging scene in Gangubai Kathiawadi.
There's nothing quite like watching your work BFF succeed.
5. When he was an active listener who cared about Alia's domestic woes.
All problems are real problems.
6. Which earned him an interesting nickname:
7. When he had the sweetest response to being asked if they would continue to be friends in a cut-throat industry.
8. And then they did a cute little handshake.
Give us a friendship like this, or give us nothing!
9. When Karan asked Alia about an embarrassing email-ID, and Ranveer had a fitting reaction.
Work BFFs support you but also know how to humble you.
10. And finally, when Ranveer declared his favourite performance of the year.
We love a supportive work environment!
You’re invited! Join the Kool Kanya women-only career Community where you can network, ask questions, share your opinions, collaborate on projects, and discover new opportunities.Join now.