Do you remember what life was like on the Internet before videos became popular? It doesn’t matter if you don’t because nothing can overtake videos now.
Last year, a report stated that by 2022, online videos will make up more than 82% of all consumer Internet traffic.
What that means is that a large part of our screen time is spent watching videos - whether they’re memes, trending videos, reels, shorts, gifs, a web series on an OTT platform, or literally everything we come across, on loop.
So there’s no denying that it is indeed the era of video content creation.
If you’re a video content creator or are looking to become one and shoot killer videos on your smartphone, we have the perfect course for you at PowerPass. ‘Become A Mobile Video Content Creator’ teaches you how to ace mobile videography, types of videos, equipment that aids you while shooting, camera movements, storytelling through videos and so much more. So make sure you don’t miss out on signing up for it!
For now, we’ll focus on garnishing your mind with insights on why the world is moving towards a video-centred content strategy. Read on!
Table of contents:
- Video statistics you must know about
- Why video is the new cool
- What makes video content go viral
- Types of videos trending in 2022
- Things to keep in mind before scripting videos
Video statistics you must know about
Before we proceed to explain why videos are the new cool, here are some interesting statistics that you must know about if you’re aspiring to either become an independent video content creator, follow your passion for shooting videos, or join a company that curates videos for a living:
- Nearly 82% of Twitter users thrive on video content
- Around 10 billion videos are watched by users on Snapchat
- 87% of online marketers leverage the power of video content
- Almost 64% of consumers purchase products after watching branded social video content
- The world spends 500 million hours watching videos on YouTube
- 92% of mobile users actively engage in sharing videos with others
- Social media videos get 1,200% more shares than images and textual content combined
- Video content leads to a 157% increase in organic traffic
Do you see the power of videos? Globally, shooting and releasing videos on your personal profile or via your company gives the best return on investment today.
Why is video the new cool?
Our lives get busier each year, without us realising it. Very rarely do we get (or find) the time to consume content that requires concentration, comprehension, and effort.
Video content works because it is:
- Quicker to consume
- Caters to diminishing attention spans
- Visually appealing
- Can be watched even when we’re on-the-go
- Is entertaining
- Is more relatable
So, what makes video content go viral?
What’s the formula or magic potion that makes video content go viral?
A video usually goes viral when it:
- Evokes emotions
- Is strategically planned and executed
- Is shorter or crisper with compact content
- Leverages current trends
- Engages with the audience or has a CTA
Types of videos that are trending in 2022
It’s always a good practice to keep up with the trends. When it comes to videos, here are some formats and types that will be trending for the rest of 2022:
- Explainer videos
Infotainment is the way forward, experts say. Taking a concept and explaining it visually has not lost its charm over the years. Despite what they say, there’s no substitute for quality long-form video content.
- Serious content done humorously
The world is way too grim. Your content needn’t be.
- Personalised, relatable content
Addressing a certain crowd of people and creating specific content to cater to their needs.
- SEO-optimised video content
Google needs more intent-based content to show its audience
- Leveraging Instagram stories
It’s personalised, attention-focussed, and has a direct call to action option if required.
- 15-second content
This one can’t be ignored. Can you explain an idea in 15 seconds? Well, you’d better learn how.
Things to keep in mind before scripting a video:
Scripting is to videos what water is to plants. If watered the right way, plants thrive well. Similarly, if a video has a good script, it performs well.
How do you script it right? By following these tips:
- Identify your target audience
You need to know who you’re making the video for. If they don’t connect to your script, your video fails.
- Know your platform for posting
This mainly determines the duration of your video.
- Write like you would speak
This helps you visualise the scenes of your video.
- Keep your paragraphs short
People have an attention span as tiny as a mosquito’s life span.
- Add visual elements like emojis, memes, and stickers
Do this for being able to translate it to action while shooting.
So by now, you know that video is the new cool. Make sure you follow these tips to make your video content go viral. Right from scripting videos to shooting them through your smartphone, there’s a lot that you can do after attending our course on PowerPass. So sign up today!